About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM who began writing, and not just thinking about it, in 2010. I thought graphic design was my future, but was surprised to learn that screenwriting was in my blood. I'm excited to say my first feature length is now being considered for optioning. Life's crazy sometimes, huh? :-)

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Looking Through The Eyes Of Love

I thought about the trust our pets feel for us today as I took my dog to get her rabies shot.  She shook as though palsied and refused to look at me again until we were on our way back home.

Only then did she lick my hand and tell me all was forgiven.  I felt so bad about the fear she had shown-of the unknown-that it made me think of other animals that might not be going home again, and would have a reason to fear, if they had known the outcome that their future held.

Many animals are part of puppy mills, or females didn't get fixed and they may be destined for the pound or the pet store.  The last unfortunate kind of place, may be the home of an owner that may not show the pet the love, or kindness it deserves.  This kind of disservice makes me the saddest because how can anyone deny the soulful eyes of a pet that wants only love and words of kindness, to make their eyes light up like the brightest Christmas tree.

So show your pet love today.  Let them know they hold a piece of your heart in their paws.  And as they look at you through the eyes of love let them know their love is returned a hundred fold.

2 comments:

  1. Yea we have a chichuaha and he ran away last winter he was gone for 4 days but in the mean time the weather got like 10 degrees and it was so cold. we put a 100 dollar reward out just hoping someone would find him. after 4 days a man called me and decribed the dog and sure enough it was our Scooter, my husband was so happy, he was his trucker dog went everywhere with him. and to thank the Lord the man was a good christian man, they was going to church that night and brought him to us. Scooter was so scared it was so sad, to this day hes scared of any noise and storms.. but then come find out his daughter took care of him and feed him and she got the 100.00 to spend on whatever.. There is a God and hes watches over everyone and every thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those dogs they are so cute. Nikki wants one of those dogs. :-) I so hate the trama that poor scooter went through. I know how he must have felt because lightning and thunder scare me too.

    We had one poor dog that up until he passed on he was terrified of thunder too. He would climb out of the dog lot and we coudln't find him for hours.

    I am so glad that someone found scooter. :-)

    ReplyDelete