About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM who began writing, and not just thinking about it, in 2010. I thought graphic design was my future, but was surprised to learn that screenwriting was in my blood. I'm excited to say my first feature length is now being considered for optioning. Life's crazy sometimes, huh? :-)

Thursday, December 16, 2010

One of the hardest things to do

I think that many people don't take the life of a writer seriously. It is just stuff, fluff, words, something to fill our time, instead of going out and getting a  real job-some might say.  But writing is a very real job.  One where we're hard on ourselves long before anyone takes a crack at us.

It takes courage to put your words out there for others to see, whether it be online, via snail mail or in an email to a friend.  Maybe as much courage as a lion tamer, or a snake charmer.  We-the writers- expose ourselves to thousands of unseen eyes, the lion tamer or snake charmer on the other hand, have the excitement of the moment, and then the danger-hopefully-is gone.

I started out writing just to help with the stress of helping my ailing mom.  Now I do it for I don't have peace inside me if I don't.   Writing, emailing, submitting articles, in a way, it's like having my own personal journal.  In it I can be myself- express myself.  In it I can admit what I feel, show the doubts, and worries I don't show to those that know me.

Outside- my family sees this person they can go to for advice, and know that they will care, and listen, inside I am looking for someone to listen too, but sometimes there's just no one there.  So on here I can be me.  On here I can write what I don't always express to those that know me.

Here I can be a writer.  Here I can be free.

1 comment:

  1. It's like the saying, I think therefore I am, but it's I am therefore I write. It's something inside of us that needs to come out. Welcome to the fray and I look forward to reading your works.

    ReplyDelete