About Me

My photo
I'm a SAHM who began writing, and not just thinking about it, in 2010. I thought graphic design was my future, but was surprised to learn that screenwriting was in my blood. I'm excited to say my first feature length is now being considered for optioning. Life's crazy sometimes, huh? :-)

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Comic Con 2011

I was watching the Reelz Channel http://www.reelzchannel.com/ the other night and Comic Con 2011 http://www.comic-con.org/ was showing on there.  It brought back so many memories to me, many things that I had totally forgotten about. Like the fact that I was a Trekkie fan long before it was considered cool.   And I was living long and prospering, along with Spock, doing those mysterious hand signs long before many even knew what they meant.

I watched all the original Star Trek shows http://www.startrek.com/ created by Gene Roddenberry, with   Captain James T. Kirk, and later the newer version of Star Trek with Jean Luc Picard. To my delight I found and then started watching the Deep Space Nine shows that ran from  from 1993 to 1999.  www.startrek.com/database_article/deep_space_nine

As I continued watching the Reelz Channel, the other night, I started wishing I could be there in a cool suit like they wore in Star Wars. Or be a princess or one of the tough female characters that knew how to kick butt. There I could live in another world for awhile, there I could be the Sci-Fi geek that my inner child still longs to be. It was very refreshing to see others just as excited about Sci-Fi type shows and movies as I am. 

I really enjoyed learning too, that actors and actresses came dressed in costumes, thereby incognito, to enjoy Comic Con as well.  One actor even mentioned they had a signal, or way to know when another actor was there dressed up in costume to enjoy the Comic Con event.

I hope someday to be able to attend Comic Con and enjoy not only the Sci-Fi memories of the past but the newer Sci-Fi memories that I make now with shows such as Alphas www.syfy.com/alphas  and the newest Sci-Fi movie with Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones, http://www.cowboysandaliensmovie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment